Watch Out For Those Guardrails! – Waqas Nazir of DigitSec – Keenan Vision Podcast Episode 6, Feb 25, 2022
This week on the Keenan Vision Podcast we continue our interview series with Waqas Nazir, CEO and founder of DigitSec, a leading Salesforce cybersecurity vendor (DigitSec.com).
Here is the article referenced: https://www.darkreading.com/cloud/salesforce-devops-needs-guardrails
Here are the points covered by Vernon Keenan and Waqas Nazir in this interesting and lively conversation.
- Waqas shares how he was eminently practical getting into computers and engineering.
- He talks about his engineering background, which involved electrical engineering
- Then we hear about his experience at Microsoft
- He was lucky enough to be there when Microsoft made a major pivot towards security
- Waqas continues with his story, talking about his experiences in industry
- Vern asks what a Salesforce platform owner needs to worry about in cybersecurity
- Waqas talks about how platform owners need to understand they have responsibility for security
- Vern and Waqas talk about how digital transformations drive security requirements
- Waqas talks about building threat profiles
- Vern asks about management programs for cybersecurity.
- Waqas talks about some management frameworks and principles like security design
- Planning is key to cybersecurity success to make sure all bases are covered
- Vern asks about adoption, and Waqas talks about the range use cases
- Waqas comments on how cybersecurity integrates into devops and release management
- Vern asks about how DigitSec fits into the whole process of release management
- Waqas builds up the case for integrated solutions
- The shift left idea comes in by adding code scans to the IDE
- They talk about how expensive it is to fix bugs later rather than earlier!’
- Vern mentions how important it is to authenticate logins to key networks
- Vern talks about why he calls it cybersecurity and how he see DigitSec as risk management tool
- Waqas and Vern talk about the Dark Reading article about how Salesforce Devops needs Guardrails!
- Waqas talks about the cost-benefit analysis of how you can use metrics and other information to measure success
- Waqas talks about how security scanners slow people down
- Vern talks about the Dark Reading article and why people need guardrails.
- Waqas relates more about how important those guardrails are to business continuity
- Vern gets some really good advice on how to start a career in cybersecurity!
Listen On Anchor
Watch on YouTube
Subscribe With Your Favorite App
Be sure to subscribe to get all the upcoming episodes downloaded automatically to your podcasting app.