Podcast: Dreamforce 2022 Report by Vern
Dreamforce 2022 Recap
Top Line – Definitely very successful
- Vendor Ecosystem
- Overall energy and push
- Opening keynote – as theatrical as ever. Brett Taylor took center stage to unveil Genie.
- A re-packaging of Salesforce Marketing CDP, nee Datorama.
- Adapters to each cloud
- Salesforce is being talked about as not being a growth company because they can’t compete in the “intelligent data layer.”
- This move is strong because Salesforce is now the #1 enterprise application delivery platform, having recently eclipsed SAP in quarterly revenues. It has a chance of sparking interest and orders from an ever-increasing number of customers.
- Tayor on CNBC on investor day: “Salesforce is a growth company.”
- However, Genie just makes Salesforce a slightly better competitor when compared to Snowflake, Databricks, or Fivetran. Since acquisitions are apparently not off the table, according to Taylor, I expect Salesforce to make some more moves
- Pablo Gonzoles & Rob Cowell sessions were being talked about
- How Google does Salesforce Devops is very interesting, very opinionated. Important session because it talked about some open-source innovations in environment variables and feature flags.
- Sparsely attended session on how Salesforce does devops. Very fascinating under-the-covers look at service discovery, monitoring, and remediation. Showed off merlion, an open-source Python ML and anomaly-detection system called Merlion.
Ancillary Services Market for Salesforce is strong
- Salesforce did not announce any competing products
- Vendor villages were busy
- System Integrations are dominant
Salesforce Devops Strong
- Companies Exhibiting (14)
- Cloud Compliance
- Elements Cloud
- DevOps Center Integration
- With Secure
- Platform Cybersecurity
- DevOps Center not making much of a dent
- Still in Beta; no info on usage or satisfaction yet
- Prodly and Elements Cloud integrations
- Press Conference
- The Press Room
- Foreign Press
- Trailblazers Love Salesforce
- It seems real
- People get a chance to become successful
- There is a support network available
- High Tech Bubble
- Reddit thread
- Customer attendee satisfaction
- Reminder about local trailblazer events